The competition will be held from 10” to 12” of September, 2021 in Tallinn, at the Original Sokos Hotel Viru conference halls. Hotel is located at Viru Väljak 4, Tallinn, Estonia. For more information visit https://www.sokoshotels.fi/en/tallinn/sokos-hotel-viru
January 7, 2021 will be the 105” birthday of chess grandmaster Paul Keres who was named the Estonian Sportsman of the 20” Century. This tournament celebrates the birthday of one of the greatest chess players of all time. Paul Keres was member of Sports Association KALEV and honourary member since 1964. This tournament has been organized already 30”time to keep the memory of Paul Keres alive and bring more youth to the game of chess.
The tournament is held in accordance with the rules of organizing sports events in force at the time of the tournament. The tournament traditionally takes place in the conference center of the 2nd floor of the Original Sokos Hotel Viru, where there is enough space and a safe environment to comply with the restrictions and ensure the dispersion of participants and compliance with health rules.
Due to the restrictions in force in the Republic of Estonia, only persons certifying the safety of infection can participate in the tournament this year.
Restrictions do not apply to persons (arriving from inside or outside Europe) who:
- have previously been infected with the COVID-19 disease and no more than 180 days have passed since the positive result of the test or the date the diagnosis was confirmed by a doctor;
- have completed a course of vaccination against COVID-19 and no more than one year has passed from the date of its completion; The vaccination course is considered completed when the time of full immunity is reached.
- are minors travelling with a parent / accompanying person and are therefore not subject to the requirements of the 10-day restriction on freedom of movement if they do not apply to their parent / the person accompanying them. Testing requirements do not apply to children under 12 years of age;
- have taken an RT-PCR test to detect SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19, up to 72 hours before arriving in Estonia and the test is negative, or a SARS-CoV-2 antigen RDT test up to 48 hours before arriving in Estonia and the test is negative,
- All passengers arriving to Estonia by plane have the obligation to fill in the Traveller’s questionnaire and be ready to present it when boarding the plane. The traveller’s questionnaire must be completed prior to arrival in Estonia. This can be done up to three days before arrival. https://iseteenindus.terviseamet.ee/
All information about arrival to Estonia can be found on Ministry of Foreign Affairs homepage:
ENG – https://vm.ee/en/information-countries-and-self-isolation-requirements-passengers?fbclid=IwAR11Rkun4Xcnc8MV5ZrfPlIo63dTND8PFgQuK2OyX038Ow–iG8atMTXv-k
RUS – https://vm.ee/ru/informaciya-o-puteshestviyah-vozmozhnostyah-vozvrashcheniya-v-estoniyu
Rapid testing for COVID-19 is available at the tournament site of Sokos Hotel Viru 2nd floor Conference Center. The cost of test is 10EUR, and is payable at the site.
The competition is open to all players who have registered by September 06, 2021, at the latest, and have paid the participation fee to the bank account of Estonian Sports Association Kalev by that date.
SEB Pank; Account number EE641010022002657005, SWIFT code EEUHEE2X;
Swedbank; Account number EE252200221001173980, SWIFT code HABAEE2X;
LHV Pank; Account number EE247700771000738096, SWIFT code LHVBEE22.
Recipient Name: Eesti Spordiselts Kalev (Estonian Sports Association Kalev) Explanation: Keres 2021 and the participant’s name.
The participation fee can also be paid by 03.September 2021 at the office of the Estonian Sports Association Kalev, located in Staadioni 3, 10132 Tallinn, I floor, room 204
Participation fee 10 euros;
No discounts apply.
Participation fee includes limited edition XXX Paul Keres memorial tournament medallion!
rating up to 1799 45 euros;
1800 – 1999 40 euros;
2000 —2299 35 euros;
2300 – 2499 30 euros;
There is a discount of 20% for women, seniors (born 1961 or earlier) and youth players (born 2003 or later). Estonian players have an addifional discount of 10%, which is applied after initial discount. The discounts will apply if the players are registering by 06.09.2021.
The participation fee is based on the FIDE rapid rating (if a player does not have the rapid rating, FIDE standard rating will be used). Late payments after 07.09.2021 and cash payments before the start of the tournament will be at extra fee of 10 euros and discounts do not apply. Participants will be registered in tournament’s list after the payment is confirmed.
You can find the list of those who have registered for the tournament –
Blitz tournament – http://www.maleliit.ee/kalender/index.php?a=1-790
Rapid tournament – http://www.maleliit.ee/kalender/index.php?a=1-791
16.00—21.00 Arrival and registration of participants Blitz tournament
18.00—21.00 Blitz tournament
09.00—10.30 Arrival and registration of participants, pairing
10.45—11.00 Opening Ceremony
11.00—12.00 I round
12.00—13.00 II round
13.00—14.00 III round
14.00—15.00 Lunch break
15.00—16.00 IV round
16.00—17.00 V round
17.00—18.00 VI round
18.00—19.00 VII round
10.00—11.00 VIII round
11.00—12.00 IX round
12.00—13.00 X round
13.00—14.00 XI round
14.30 Awards Ceremony
Due to the COVID-19 situation, organizers give themselves the right to make changes to the tournament regulations.
XXX Rapid Chess Tournament REMEMBERING PAUL KERES 2021 instruction September
Estonian Sports Association Kalev Staadioni 3, 10132 Tallinn